found a buck...

top predator

...while woodchuck / crow hunting yesterday. the pictures are kinda sucky, cell phone through a scope at a moving target.
deerthruscope.jpg

buckthruscope.jpg

buckthruscopecloseup3.jpg

with "real life" stealing my in the field time and scouting time, i was stoked to see him. was with 4 other bucks, he seemed to be the leader.
...perhaps he found me!
lots of turkeys too
turkeythroughscope.jpg

found a set of bear tracks along the other side of the field. looks like it may be a productive year for me, even with my time constraints.

Bear, turkey, deer...heck what more could you ask for:).

Well...... a bear tag, a turkey tag and a deer tag would be nice. LOL :D Just joking.

Literally in the last hour I seen cottontail, dove, quail and muley with horns nearing the 20" mark. It was pleasing to see.

Cool pics and thanks for sharing!

Great pics, even with the cell phone. I feel you on the time constraints. I'm hoping to get a few days off for antelope season in Oct and a few for deer in Nov. If so, That will be all of my "extra" time off for the whole year. One of these days I'll slow down. :D

i tell ya, this was a pleasure.

i did have a stand (is now a highway) where i got 2 PA. grandslams (deer bear turkey in a season) 5 years apart, and had taken several turkeys and deer in between, along with dozens of squirrel. without using baits and such.

this new spot has the potential to be the same way, within 10 minute walking distance for the vehicle. plus in the fall it attracts mucho geese, which i'm going to try for the first time this september.

i hope i have some "after" photos to post up in november of that buck!

Great pics, even with the cell phone. I feel you on the time constraints. I'm hoping to get a few days off for antelope season in Oct and a few for deer in Nov. If so, That will be all of my "extra" time off for the whole year. One of these days I'll slow down. :D

Semper Fi gun)lightbulb

Nam FO one round twelve dead

sarge, thank you for your service in Nam. 12 dead...Must of been a 105? Hollywood or PI?

Semper Fi.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.