huber concepts trigger? or trigger tech/jewell

I need to buy a couple of triggers. I like Jewell Triggers but I don't like the effort it takes to do a neat clean install. I'd wager the person who designed them has all his tools hanging on the outside of his toolbox.

Why is it desirable to have more over travel?
Greyfox pretty much summed it up. I think you will find if you add some over travel you will have fewer fliers. I am not a bencrest shooter but it has been pointed out to me by those that are that you will not find any triggers on the firing line with zero over travel. I think that says something in a sport where fractions of an inch matter.

Over many years I have tried many different triggers, some of my favorites cant be found anymore for one reason or another.

The one trigger that still stands out as one of the best Is Jewel.
I still use other triggers on some of my rifles and other peoples rifles that they prefer.

I dont like two stage triggers because I had to shoot them for many years and every time I shot a single stage trigger I did better (Just Me).

Everyone has there preferred trigger pull and weight. My requirements are simple, I don't want a trigger to forecast its break by any movement, travel, creep or feel. I want it to break clean without any expectation.

I have heard about the dirt issue and don't think it is good for any trigger so I keep all of my triggers clean irregardless of the make and have never had this problem with the jewell or any other trigger.

To me the Jewel is the best combination of cost and quality.

J E CUSTOM

Greyfox pretty much summed it up. I think you will find if you add some over travel you will have fewer fliers. I am not a bencrest shooter but it has been pointed out to me by those that are that you will not find any triggers on the firing line with zero over travel. I think that says something in a sport where fractions of an inch matter.

What about the trigger tech diamond? They have quite a few top 10 PRS shooters using it.

I just bought a trigger tech and installed it, will be first time at range tomorrow.

I have a couple of rifles with Jewell triggers that get used a lot for hunting and target. One I know of is about 15 years old. I have had absolutely no problems with them.

Being a PRS Shooter, I suspect the nature of the contrived shooting scenarios combined with 16+ pound rifles, trigger over-travel would likely have far less influence on results.IMO
Good answer. That's the problem of looking at different styles of shooting, military, benchrest, prs, whatever, they don't always cross over on the fine points

Huber are nice, but you are stuck with one weight. TT are super solid but aren't for everyone, they are a bit cheaper if you're outfitting several rifles. I'm currently running Bix n Andy Tacsports and have no complaints. they break like glass and are much more robust than a Jewel.
I am going to try a Diamond, mostly out of curiosity.
From the experiences of the benchrest community, if you spike a hot load it will mess up a Jewel but the Bix will take it.
The Timneys don't really compete IMO but I know lots of guys that swear by them.
You really can't go wrong with any of the three you mentioned.

I just put together a 300 win mag on a kelbly atlas tactical action and put a trigger tech special on it. My only concern with it is that I don't think it goes down as low as it's advertised weight. I have it adjusted as low as it'll go and they advertise it as going to 1.0 lb. I haven't put a pull gauge on it but there's no way it's that low, it's 2 lbs. at the lightest. 2 lbs is where I'd set it anyway so it's not a problem, but I'd appreciate some truth in advertising. If I bought it looking for a 1 lb trigger for a prairie dog rifle then I'd be upset. The trigger breaks clean and the lack of overtravel doesn't bother me. I wouldn't even notice it if it hadn't been pointed out.

Most of my other triggers are Jewell and while I haven't had any problems out of them I do have a prairie dog shooting buddy that had his jewell go down and had to be sent back to the factory to get fixed. They're fantastic feeling triggers but I do believe they can be a bit delicate. I haven't tried a Bix n Andy Tacsport but like what I read about them.

I have to say that I like the trigger tech much more than the Calvin Elites. I'll probably put the CE's in target rifles and get a few more triggertechs for the hunting rifles.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.