Hows the Heat?

kc

Its so damned hot my wife won't go to Canada becaus of the Black Flies, and the water is to cold to swim.
Its so hot here, I cant go to the range becaus my barrls won't cool down, I can take out 4 rifles so I can let one cool down, and it still is hot enough to toss fliers all over the target.

68 Degrees and 45% humidity here in Oregon. ****** Thing is I'm a GM at a Heating and Cooling shop and we need your miserable weather for business.

Suck it up! :D

I went to the range a week ago and it was 118. I kept a wet towel over the barrel or I couldn't touch it even without firing it. We had a cold front move in and last week we were only 103 to 104, back to 115 today.

My entire front yard gave up a couple of weeks ago and now it looks like a giant version of one of those welcome mats you wipe your feet on.

It really does suck when it is hot very hard to be motivated to do anything!

Last edited:
Its so damned hot my wife won't go to Canada becaus of the Black Flies, and the water is to cold to swim.
Its so hot here, I cant go to the range becaus my barrls won't cool down, I can take out 4 rifles so I can let one cool down, and it still is hot enough to toss fliers all over the target.

Isn't it almost a waste of time kc? I mean shooting now, while it's so hot. When cooler temps get here the point of impact will be way different when you shoot then. I got a new rifle back in february and didn't get to dial it in back then. I have been sitting on 2 new boxes of shells just waiting for cooler weather, so I can see how it's gonna act.

Heck you mentioned your front yard...My son tossed a cigarett in the front yard and it burned a batch about 5x4..

Its so hot the trees are whistling for the dogs!

AZ is a special place, it will get to over 200 degrees in a car left in the sun all day long with the windows up. CD's or anything else left on the dash warp and curl up, seat belts will brand the back of your arm or leg, and you can't touch the steering wheel when you get in.

Upside, I don't know anyone who owns a snow blower! :D

feel free to send some of that nice weather my way, been raining for so long now that I think my feet are begining to web. Don't even have hay yet because no one has been able to cut it. We actually just had flood warnings lifted in town. Almost august and honestly not one day has gone by yet this year that it hasn't rained that I can remember yet this summer. On a plus note I don't have issues with my barrels heating up

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.