Howdy From Dallas Texas

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by texasjim37, Feb 24, 2009.

1. texasjim37

texasjim37 New Member

I just found this group doing a search on the internet ... fantastic site ... I live in Sachse, Texas just northeast of Dallas and Garland.
    I am a retired High School teacher and have been fiddlen with guns now for some time ... I hope to some day have a good lathe and mill so I can do some serious gun work.
    I have done several pillar bedding on my rifles and my sons 06 ... it is amazing to watch the group size suck down to bulls eye after a good pillar job.
    I have been using Darrel Holland's pillars and they are the best.
    I currently am working on a new Remington 7RUM that I just bought at a good price...but I found out that this new gun has an extreme long bullet jump. Anyone have this problem?
    I am new to long range shooting and would like to get acquainted with someone in the Dallas/Ft Worth area to learn from if you don't mind an ole codger.
    This is a very interesting site and I will spend time reading and posting here later.
    Later,
    Jim

2. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Welcome to Long Range Hunting Jim.

3. texasjim37

texasjim37 New Member

Dick,
    Thank you and I am looking forward to reading and learning more from this site.

Jim

4. txlongrange

txlongrange Well-Known Member

Welcome fellow Texan...we aren't too far away. I'm about 50 miles West of Dallas. Shoot me a PM sometime.