Howdy From Dallas Texas

texasjim37

I just found this group doing a search on the internet ... fantastic site ... I live in Sachse, Texas just northeast of Dallas and Garland.
I am a retired High School teacher and have been fiddlen with guns now for some time ... I hope to some day have a good lathe and mill so I can do some serious gun work.
I have done several pillar bedding on my rifles and my sons 06 ... it is amazing to watch the group size suck down to bulls eye after a good pillar job.
I have been using Darrel Holland's pillars and they are the best.
I currently am working on a new Remington 7RUM that I just bought at a good price...but I found out that this new gun has an extreme long bullet jump. Anyone have this problem?
I am new to long range shooting and would like to get acquainted with someone in the Dallas/Ft Worth area to learn from if you don't mind an ole codger.
This is a very interesting site and I will spend time reading and posting here later.
Later,
Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.