Howa owners?

Yes Mark, I wrote that article. I have been really slack lately though, need to get another article done. next one will probably be about breaking in barrels, how to tell whether they need it and how to get the job done much, much faster and more effective than the usual recomendations. I also want to do an article about hogs, lessons from guiding and observing our wild stock on the hunting bolock behind our house. That might end up a big article so I am procrastinating on that a bit.

The Howa trigger unit should be the same all the way through the models. I haven't seen any changes and I work with them every year. I think the only changes are minor, such as tolerances, max or minimum dimensions for parts etc. Nevertheless, I could be wrong, they may have had a different unit earlier on. Thats the thing with this game, always something new to discover.

OK, I will get on and get this small instructional done, then post it in the smithing section.

Cheers, Nate

The Howas are great buy and well made to boot!! I agree with Kiwi Nate on the trigger fix. If you have the trigger set up by someone who knows what they're doing, the trigger will be better than the after market trigger that most guys are installing!! You just have to make room for the safety cross bolt on the back of the trigger body and a bit of stoning and they are nice!!! - RHB

Would I buy another Howa? You bet your bottem dollar I would. I have two now. Except for the Bell and Carlson stocks, they are bone stock rifles that shoot sub MOA Groups. When I can afford to put a third centerfire rifle in my safe, you can bet it will be another Howa. There is plenty of after market support for them now and its getting better. Mcmillan and Manners both inlet stocks for Howa 1500 actions as well as Bell and Carlson. EGW makes canted one bases and both timney and rifle basix make drop in trigers if you don't want to adjust your own. Both my guns have factory triggers with zero creep out of the box. They break like glass rods.

In a word "YES" they are awesome, I've got a Howa 22-250HB and it is turning in some very impressive groups straight out of the box with no modifications what so ever, using Remington Core Lokt 55gn Factory Ammo.

I have shot 5 shot groups that fit into 5c piece @ 50m and groups that measure less than 1" @ 100m.

I've also had one that was just amazing it would shoot groups of around 7-12mm @ 100!

so I can definately recommend the howa HB rifles.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.