sako finnlight owners

Robster80

anyone own both a tikka and a finnlight? is the finnlight worth the extra $ ?? the caliber i want (6.5x55) is too hard to find in a stainless T3 but i can get it in the finnlight.

I have 2 finnlites in 308 and 270 and a Tikka 243. The finnlites are a much better rifle in the fact that they are all metal. The Tikka has composites on the back of the bolt and the magazine is all composite. The stock is a light weight plastic. The finnlite has an all metal magazine and bolt with a much heavier stock. All 3 shoot very well with the right factory ammo but if you reload I am sure you can do better. 308= 5/8 MOA
270 & 243 = 3/4 MOA
I have never heard anyone complain about either rifles accuracy but have read negative statements about the Tikka stock. That could be easily fixed. I believe BC makes a drop in but by the time you do all that you could almost buy the finnlite. I love my finnlites.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.