Howa 1500 .308 scope base...

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by VaN SCHyTH, Aug 1, 2012.

1. VaN SCHyTH

VaN SCHyTH New Member

Hi, this thread is posted multiple times but never 100% clear enough, i looked in every possable place to find the right base for a howa 1500 .308. im getting really confused on what is what, some people say that a rem 700 SA base will fit some say no a rem 700 LA base will fit a howa .308 it is pretty clear that a 2 piece base will work but i like the 1 piece base far more.

So if any of you know what is the CORRECT base for a howa .308 it will be much appreciated. And i have looked at the EGW rails and i do not like them.

Sorry if i posted it in the wrong thread, just signed up today:D

2. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

Any short action rem base will work. Most companys list Howa or weatherby vanguard on their websites now.

3. VaN SCHyTH

VaN SCHyTH New Member

So if i take the UTG rem 700 SA base, will it fit the howa? just want to make sure

4. ICANHITHIMMAN

Never heard of tug sounds like some air soft stuff. I have a night force om my weatherby vanguard

5. VaN SCHyTH

VaN SCHyTH New Member

UTG is leapers. but thanks for the help. i went to a local gun shop and the remy 700 is shorter than the howa. but the 1st to 2nd hole and the 3rd to 4th hole is exactly the same but the 2nd to the 3rd hole is a bit shorter on the remy.

6. ICANHITHIMMAN

Well I'm using an nf on mine. Leepers is junk

7. VaN SCHyTH

VaN SCHyTH New Member

Yeah thanks for the help. i orderd a nightforce aswel.:D