HOW TO FOR T/C ENCORE

It has been a long time since I have owned a encore frame, but take out the screws that hold the grip cap, and you will be able to see the allen head.
Just make sure that if you have a barrel under 16 inches on your frame, you need to take it off before you attach the rifle stock.
FWIW When you use all caps on the web it means you are yelling.

I am sorry about the yelling. I am brand new to this. Thankyou for the help. Why do you not use an Encore any more? If there are any more Encore users all info is welcome. Sorry if I offended any one.

HB,
No offense taken. It is just one of the things you learn being on the forums.
I still have a COntender, but my primary specialty handguns are XP-100's and the MOA Maximum pistol (Falling block action).
I can run and XP harder than I can with a Encore and it is a more rigid action with none of the forend issues that can be a problem with break opens.

Here is pic of a first time shooter of specialty handguns @ 700 yards and at 900 yards. FWIW it is my MOA.
The MOA has interchangeable barrels (threaded). Basically, a switch gun concept with a neat way to keep your headspace correct. Using a Bower Rest System. Chambered for 6.5-284.
My daughter and my son both have used it @ 1k and it is my daughters deer handgun (use a different forend for deer).

407102.jpg

407103.jpg

340278.jpg

XP

That is too cool. Thanks for the pics. The concept of these ultra long shots makes my toes tingle. I am tikled when I hit a gallon jug @ 100yds. I am sure that I could shoot all day at 500yds and seldom, if even once, hit like that. How old are your kids? My son Mason, is 9 and diggs any thing with a healthy bang and a good kick.

son-12 & daughter-17 years old.
I think you would be surprised what you could do with the right set-up and a little help.

The MOA is not any more accurate or a better gun than Encore, I'll put my .308 Encore up against any MOA. I am not trying to be smart, but I am tired of everybody knocking T-C. You see a hell of a lot more T-C's than MOA's.

I don't believe that xphunter was trying to knock T-Cs. If you keep the pressure to a reasonable amount a T-C will last for ever and shoot excellent groups, but some of the larger cartridges will not work in the Encore with out stretching the frame.

I'm not against TC's. I have one and am getting ready to order a barrel for my contender. Like crow mag said the break opens have some limitations. But they also have some versatility that other types of SP's do not.
This is a matter of preference. The MOA is a different action than the Encore. It is stronger and the barrel is free floated. It also costs quite a bit more than an Encore. Honestly, when it comes to LR accuracy I will always take the stronger stiffer action with a system that can be free floated if so desired. The SS action XP and the MOA meet those requirements. TC's can turn in some bughole accuracy and have a level of versatility that no other action has to my knowledge.

I do want to apologize, I get carried away sometimes. If I offended anyone I apologize. I do enjoy reading XPHunter on this site.
Have a good day.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.