how should this perform ?

Only thing that caused me to scratch my head is your choice of scope: why a 3x9? I think you would be better off with the lowest possible variable on a low fixed power. I have that same rifle only I have a peep sight on it - would certainly scope it if I was planning on hunting with it, but it would probably be my Leupold 2.5X fixed, which is small and light (and the backup scope for my .416 RM).

LR-----
Yes-- I have had a 4x long eye relief tasco shotgun scope on it--- the only thing I didn't like was that the cross hairs were extremely fat. I have considered a rcvr. mounted peep sight like a williams. I might try that and see if my eyes play well with it. The 3-9 is kind of big---- but it was the only scope I had laying around. I have been looking for a compact 4X
handgun scope-- but no one seems to make compact ones like they used to. The 3-9 is just a temporary fix.
Don't like all the bulk. Thats where the williams could really shine. There is another guy who custom makes a rear peep sight with an adjusting wheel/cam combination. He makes them to order to follow the drop of your load and barrel length out to 200 yds. can't remember his name at the moment. Looks like he does fine work though.