How old are you? How old do you FEEL?

74 , 5'6" 170 lbs. In excellent health. Still back packing out my own elk by myself. No problem. Just got thru cutting almost 4 cord of fire wood for next winter. Work my land daily .For sure God has blessed me with great gene's. Don't smoke or use alcohol. Am addicted to hunting & shooting. Grew up poor, putting meat on the table not horns. Wild meat is God's own organic healthy food.

Goodness, everybody's falling apart. Like Garth Brooks sang "im much too you to feel this damned old"
I'm 37 next month, 5'10 weight 170. Broken foot, ankle, nose, arm, no telling how many fingers and toes, dislocated both shoulders, multiple concussions, disc degenerative disease in my neck, gerd, migraines, knees hurt when I squat, the usual. Figure I ran enough as a Marine to last a lifetime. Pretty active though working in construction, but dont purposefully exercise anymore. Do a lot of stretching though.
All things considered I figure I feel better than I probably should.
I'm a pipe fitter 5-8" 190# just turned 45. Construction work takes a toll on you for sure. Overworked joints, and all those small injuries accumulate.
I made myself quite smoking and drinking for my own good.

Just turned 32. 6'02" 230 lbs. Worked as a diesel mechanic the last 10 years & my wife has a farming habit. We just had our third child in January. We're never home enough to keep fresh foods in the house (we don't live at the farm). It's mostly frozen stuff for supper. My 3 y/o loves eggs so we get a lot of those for breakfast.

I don't know what 40 will feel like but at this point I'm not looking forward to it. I occasionally experience preventricular contractions (an extra early heartbeat) which freaked me out at first. I cut out caffeine and alcohol on a few occasions, neither seemed to make a difference. Must just be stress i guess.

Muscle aches and backaches are the norm for me. I spend my days walking on concrete and climbing over and under semi tractors. And spend my evenings either bouncing around in a tractor, bending over 200 times in the barn, or any other of many tasks that requires using myself as a tool.

Maybe I'll be lucky to reach 40... But then again, it seems like many people i talk to are walking around wondering how they've lived as long as they have.

36 years old, 6'2" 225lbs.

Noticing my recovery isn't what it used to be. Generally I like to think of health as ones ability to heal, and by that definition I'm probably at 50% of where I was in my 20's.

I've met a lot of old guys crippled by their trade - I am doing my best to maintain the health I have, and very much endeavoring to work 'smart, not hard'.

Still, 3 motorcycle crashes and countless more on mountain bikes (used to race cross country competitively) have taken their toll. Several concussions, multiple whiplash, neck problems, a shoulder that clicks and pops. A right knee with a tendency to pop out which really puts a damper on the 'duck walk'.

Broken numerous bones, but it's the joints that give me the most grief. Broken both collar bones but it's the shoulder the creaks, clicks and pops.

I cycle just about every day for cardio and practice yoga twice a week. It seems if this body is going to last another 36 years it'll need all the help I can give it.

No idea how far or fast I can run, AFAIK knees are the most under-engineered part of the human body and I'm looking forward to few more descents with a pack full of meat!

I'm 65, 5' 8", 165 lbs and feel every bit my age when I get up in the mornings to all the "Snap, Crackle, Pop"......I'm ok once I do some stretches and/or let the hot water run on my back in the shower! A lifetime of rodeo and cowboy lifestyle has caught up with me.......broken back, 4 shoulder surgeries, shoulder replacement, hip replacement, 2 bicep repairs, wrist repair, arthritis in all my broken fingers and due another hip replacement soon..... but thanks to the Good Lord, I'm still kicking and doing what I love.... making my living in the Hunting Business, fishing as much as I want and serving Him at a wonderful church!

I'm 64 years old. 6'2 280 lbs. Retired now from trucking. Work out at the gym 3 days a week. Total knee replacement back in december. Have broken my back, when ladder stand top step broke. Two fracture compresses on vertrabrae. 5 discs herniated in back. Feel aches when low pressure system approaches. Take a medication for arthritus daily. Have days i feel good. Have some bad ones too. Still get out and work on my farm. 3 brain concussions over the last 10 years. Had car fall off ramps when i was about 42. Had 5 broken bones there. Do okay for my age. I believe if i didn't work out, i would be in a lot worse shape. My pulse rate is 60.

I'm going to be 60 at the end of August. I feel like 60,been a carpenter since 16. Construction definitely takes its toll, but I still walk walls and everything it takes to build homes, just slower. I've had a couple of hernias and need dentures other than that I'm pretty darn healthy. I live at 8000ft and hike a lot.
6' and 140 still wear same size jeans as high school . Oh yeah had to start wearing glasses at 46, it sucks.

Last edited:
69, 6ft 2in, 190 lbs. Until 66 felt like I was 40. Had my share of cracked ribs, sprained ankles and etc. Then 2 years ago had double hernia surgery, 1 year ago total left knee replacement, recently total right knee replacement. Still been getting out there and hunting and packing elk and etc. But just doesn't seem like I can get in good shape like I use to feel I was in. Takes me longer and I hurts considerably more. But just got to keep plugging away.

69 1/2 years, 6'4", 230#. According to the Dr. no meds required for the usual maladies associated with my age. I walk a lot and hike some. The best thing I found regarding my health is my C-PAP machine. I simply wasn't getting any rest. Now I wake feeling great and don't get drowsy at midday. I have a full physical twice a year. The only health issue I have is precancerous spots on my skin which are checked twice a year. No tobacco, alcohol and very little caffeine. Ok, I do a ice coffee from Dutch Brothers a few times a month. I try to eat healthy but do like an occasional bowl of Blue Bell. Overall I think I'm blessed with all the good genes my parents had. Considering all the chemicals people my age were exposed to in the 50's and 60's guess we're lucky to be alive.