How much do you plan to spend on your next rifle scope?

For rifles I have bought off the shelf (Remington 700's) I have spent $600 to $800 on the scope. I'm having a custom rifle built costing aprox. $3200 or so I am spending around $1600 for glass.

I'll probably try one of the new VX-3's next. Then maybe an NF if I can afford it when that day comes. Clearly, just so I can be in the "cool kids camp":D.

Nothing, I plan on winning mine, a shiny new Swarovski Z5:D:D:rolleyes:

Alright maybe thats a little optimistic, I try and spend as little as I can to get something that will do what I need. With that said , I'm pretty certain I'll never plunk down over $1000 for a scope (barring a lottery win) just to many things like college for the boys, retirement, and eating that get in the way.

Chris

Nothing, I plan on winning mine, a shiny new Swarovski Z5:D:D:rolleyes:

Alright maybe thats a little optimistic, I try and spend as little as I can to get something that will do what I need. With that said , I'm pretty certain I'll never plunk down over $1000 for a scope (barring a lottery win) just to many things like college for the boys, retirement, and eating that get in the way.

Chris

Retirement is a thing of the past isn't it? And that eating is a nasty habit that you should try quitting anyway.

All kidding aside, I know what you mean. I make a pretty darn good living, but two kids a mortgage, etc.. You know the "responsibilities" do have to come first. Heck I'm young and trying to get my feet planted firm, so I will keep beating my head off the wall trying to find the cheaper, better scope.

Retirement is a thing of the past isn't it?

Unfortunately, right at the moment my 401K would agree with that, keeping my fingers crossed though.:D

And that eating is a nasty habit that you should try quitting anyway.

That would probably do me some good too, at least for 10 or 15 lbs lightbulb could afford better optics:D

Chris

I have just purchased 3 VX 3's in thr last 2 months and very happy

1 - 4.5-14 40 mm a/o Vm. reticle
2- 4.5 - 14 40 mm Boone Cr. LR 30 mm tube sf
Thought about the NF but don't like the weight.
Mike

When at Kirby's last year I shot a NF and a 10x Mark 4. I have a Swarovski 6x18-50 on my .257 Wby. I went with a NF 5.5x22-50 NSX Zero Stop NP1 reticle for the 7mm AM. The Mark 4 didn't have enough magnification to suit me, and the Swarovski's reticle is too thick plus it doesn't have as much adjustment as the NF. The Mark 4 was plenty good enough for 600-800 Yds, but hopefully I can stretch that a ways.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.