How much elevation adjustment do you need?

Night Hunter

Trying to figure out what scope to go with. Is 51 moa enough adjustment for 1100 yds and under with a 300 win mag shooting 190 bergers ?

Still learning all the math involved:rolleyes:

Can't decide between a Burris XTR, Trij TR23 or a Vortex PST...

If you are talking 51 moa total elevation you are close. If all is perfect with a 0 moa base and you zero at 100 and are in the middle of the elevation you will have 25.5 up and 25.5 down. But I doubt it will come out perfectly center after zero. You will need around 20 to 25 moa for 1000 yards. So to be safe I would put on a 20 moa canted base. Not you should have around 45 moa up and will be good past 1000 and even beyond 1100.

I agree with Broz. I'm calculating about 36 moa of drop from boresight at 1100 yds. Unless you're really lucky and your mounts just happen to be off 11 moa in the right direction, you'll need the 20 moa base.

yup!!! 20 MOA base will give you about 41 MOA of vertical adjustment when zeroed
at 100 yards.

20 MOA base at sea level will let him shoot out to 1200 yards

20 MOA base at 7000 ft will let him shoot out to 1350 yards

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts