How many Brux fans...?

I am a huge Brux fan!

I have tons of successful experience with Brux.

Hundreds of accurate barrels.

Great to work with.

Their barrel helped me kill this 201 inch mule deer. Lightweight fluted barrel.

2015 Wyoming mountains
Non-Typical Outfitters
Robb Wiley

len-mule-deer-001.jpg

Well, in all honesty my Bartlein is the most accurate I have ever had.. Brux is number two for me.. then my proof.. The Brux are good to clean and good barrels.. There are lots of good manufacturers out there.. You won't go wrong with a Brux.

I've got 3 Brux. Love them and break in/clean easily. Also have Kreiger, Bartlein, Wilson, Shilen, Hart and had Pac Nor. All good barrels. My current favorites are Brux and Bartlein. Check out Bugholes.com. they maintain a pretty good inventory of the major barrel manufs. Your gunsmith is the most critical piece. All these folks make super barrels.

Hello all, I'm curious about the general collective on Brux barrels? No 2nd hand knowledge please.
What is your experience, good, bad, stupendous... horrible??

im considering one for an old Mauser action and hand-made stock. It's currently a .220 swift that apparently had a sketchy wildcat chamber (keeps splitting brass on me, very scary).

The rifle was a gift and means a lot to me. I'm not sure what barrel profile it has now but I'd like to stick with it or slightly smaller (maybe a #2 or #3). I believe that with the same bolt face I'll go with 25.06.

Thoughts?
My Brux barrel was the easiest to clean and smoothest when running a patch down the barrel while cleaning. I built a .243 AI with that barrel with no complaints. Sharp Shooters Savage did the work for me. 1/4" groups @ 100 yds. Long Range Varmint Rifle.

I bought 2 because they were in stock and the contour and twist was what I needed. Load development was much more difficult and they have been harder to keep in tune then my Bart and Krieger barrels. They were priced less then the other cut rifle barrels.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.