How do you carry a heavy cannon?

As I was watching the Olympic biathlon event on TV yesterday I was motivated to continue my work on figuring out a better way to carry a heavy rifle. It turned out to be much easier than I thought.
double shoulder sling
Recently with this project in mind I had Chris Matthews install recessed sling swivel cups on each end of the side of my McMillan A-5 stock. Yesterday I simply attached two slings (un-matched ones I had handy) to to each of the stock's swivels.

Last edited:
Cam:

I have a 58" long X 8" wide by 10.5" high Heavy Bench gun. Do you think that the Eberlestock Skycrane would fit it and, if so, is it worth the money?

I have quite a bit invested in the rifle.

Thanks.
--JKO

Cam:

Just thought you might like to know:

I spoke with Mr. Eberle earlier today (I'm just being polite, because I've already forgotten his first name), and he said that either his Phantom or Skycrane packs would *probably* fit my rifle; however, it would most likely be a *very* tight fit, because of the unusual configuration of the stock.

--JKO

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.