how do i get 300 gr bullets to 3000fps mv out of 338 lapua

MrHengineering, You are about 400 fps faster than norm. I have worked with the lapua and many improved designs for it since it came out in the 90's. I own two standard lapuas now. You would be dead if you touched off a savage action with the quarter stick of dynamite it would take to shoot that fast out of a 338 Lapua. They do not gain that much per inch. maybe 20 fps. I have done that test also at my range. I am not on here to attack anybody and anybody on here can attest to that. But you are way out of the norm with the fastest lapua anybody has ever seen. Maybe the military has some secret recipe not available to me but no way with standard stuff we have available.

To the guy who started the thread, just get an Excalibur, 338-378 IMP, or 338-416 IMP. Then you can safely go well beyond 3000 fps. A really fast one with a 32" barrel could possibly hit the 3200 fps mentioned but more likely not. But with 20 grains more powder than the Lapua. Most of the longest game kills on record were with these three cartridges taking elk beyond 2000 yards.

Dirtball, I ain't got none that big when it gets that deep.

Like I said before....DYNAMITE!!!! Hahaha!!!! Oh, and as far as the MV of the Lapua, I have no idea. As far as three inch groups at nearly a mile, I call BS. Marky Mark couldn't even do that!!!

Yep, you boys are going to put the 338/408 on the endangered species list if you are getting 3250 out of a Lapua with a 300 gr. projo. I dont think I will throw the 338/408 just yet. I will be waiting to hear about someone having pieces of action and bolt extracted from their sinuses.

yeah not much chance of getting that velocity out of a straight lapua magnum using the Sierra 300s, even with VV570 and a 36" barrel.

Agustus.. glad to see your fingers are not broken.. been a while since you posted. I called and missed you the other day.

Jeffvn

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.