How about this brass question...

Derek M.

Which brass is better, if either, and why in your opinion, Norma or Lapua or RWS?

Where is the best place to buy your pic?

I've been rethinking this whole brass thing since so many people like Lapua and RWS, I'm just going to have to give it a try and see what results I get. But I'm finding that Norma is just as pricey or more than Lapua but I just don't read alot of comments on it.

Calibers: .270 Win and 30.06 only.

Thanks.

I haven't ever shot any RWS brass but its supposed to be the best. I do shoot Lapua if I can get it in the caliber , I have even changed calibers because Laupa made brass for it.
Norma is just as consistant from what I have seen and the accuracy is their just as much as Lapua its just that Norma is soft , I had problems with it wearing out faster that the Lapua and it is generaly alot higher priced than Lapua.
From what I have heard the RWS is just as consistant at Lapua and last just as long and can be had in caliber that Lapua doesen't offer but I have heard that the cases can cost up to $1 each for standard calibers.
For the 30-06 and 270 I'd use Lapua its only about .50 cents each from Sinclair where the Norma is almost .75 cents each , thats $25 per hundred!!

RWS is tops if you can afford it, and it exists in the round you need.

I sectioned a few cases the other day, and the RWS had the BEST looking flashhole interior -- was uniform and chamfered right from the factory. GOOD STUFF!

after that, lapua, and norma in that order.

JB

Sinclair's web sit is www.sinclairintl.com or you can cll them at either 1-800-717-8211 or 1-260-493-1858

you can also get some pretty good prices from brassman.com he sells alot of brass most of which is fired at police firing range

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.