Hornady vs Sinclair Tools for CBTO and CBTD?

I prefer the sinclair. I used the hornady with a fired case. If you use their modded case, its not a perfect fit for your chamber and who knows how far off the bolt face the case would be since you are pushing it into the chamber shoulder. With the Sinclair I can feel the bullet bottom out as well as the case being fired in my chamber. Gave my hornady away. Just my .02

With the Sinclair I can feel the bullet bottom out as well as the case being fired in my chamber. Gave my hornady away. Just my .02
Are we talking apples to apples?

Last edited:
Has anybody made the comparison? Is one noticeably better that the other?

I use the Hornady Tool but first I fire a round and then drill out the primer pocket with a (9/32) bit and tap it with a 5/16-36 Plug HSS.And there you have a match for your chamber but the brass has to be the correct lenght for that chamber.

Those two are apples to apples, 6-5 pick'em. If you take a VLD chamfering tool and lightly run it around the side of the comparators you can even them out some (someone here turned me on to that).

SAC makes a much nicer, heavier, higher quality set that has shoulder inserts by caliber and shoulder angle, and also cuts a 3* lead on the bullet comparators. But it costs a lot more. Like one comparator for what the Hornady basic kit costs. Which is why I still have my Hornady set - I got a SAC kit just for two specific cases I load, and use the Hornady for the rest.

Works for what it is, definitely better than nothing.