Hornady Match Ammunition

ANDREW RICKETTS

I will be getting my first custom rifle this week, looking for a good ammunition for shooting in general and being able to take down large game (elk, etc.) at 800 yards. Would hornady match ammunition be able to do this? or is their another ammunition I should consider?

Thanks,

Andrew

I will be getting my first custom rifle this week, looking for a good ammunition for shooting in general and being able to take down large game (elk, etc.) at 800 yards. Would hornady match ammunition be able to do this? or is their another ammunition I should consider?

Thanks,

Andrew
The hornady match ammo uses the ELDMs, which I think are fantastic long range hunting bullets for big game. Also, I shoot the match ammo in 3 different rifles - 6.5 PRC, 6mm CM and 6.5 CM and it has been so accurate I have questioned all the time and money I have invested in reloading equipment.

Thanks,

Andrew
I've only shot their 162 eld x precision hunter for 28 nosler and 140 eld match for 6.5cm. Both shot very well for me. Not as well as handloads.

Assuming you want to know if the bullets work for game? If so, I have shot mulies with 180eldm and 225eldm. One shot kills from 174-598 yds. I'm a repeat customer

Thanks,

Andrew
I would say go with 300 Win mag. It has a large selection of bullets available for it and you can really customise a round for a purpose. Moose use a heavy load of powder and a high b.c. bullet. Deer use a lighter load of powder and a lighter bullet. To got the idea.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.