Hornady headspace bushing for larger chamberings?

HandgunHTR

Does anyone know of anyone making comparator bushings that can be used with the Hornady comparator for any of the larger chamberings? I need one that is around 0.457" for use with my .338 Sherman Mega.

I would also be happy to buy the "blank" and send it to someone who can machine it out to the right spec as well.

The Hornady bushings aren't exceptionally well made to start with, and since it's a comparator all that matters is that you use the same one all the time. IMO clamp it down and run a drill bit through. 29/64 is .4531".
29/64 Bit @ Amazon

Or if you want better quality you can buy a comparator body and one headspace insert for about $75 all in at SAC:

Thanks, gents.

I had a bright idea last night that I am going to try first to see if I can get what I need. As you said, QT, it just matters that you use the same one and do it consistently.

A piece of .45 Colt brass has an ID of .452". I chucked one up in my trimming tool and made sure that the case mouth was square. I am going to try to use that. I just need it to set my die for shoulder bump once, so it should work.