Hornady enters 50 BMG brass business

Discussion in 'Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR)' started by ELR Researcher, Nov 4, 2013.

1. ELR Researcher

ELR Researcher Well-Known Member

2. joe0121

joe0121 Well-Known Member

5 bucks/case seems about on par.

3. ELR Researcher

ELR Researcher Well-Known Member

Actually, it is well on the high side. The best rated 50 BMG brass (RWS) is available, and in stock, at $4.35 each - TenX Bullets: RWS components and ammunition

Unless you are an FCSA (Fifty Caliber Shooters Association) member, you probably don't know about them. Currently, as best I know, they are the only supplier in the US.

The majority of 50 BMG shooters buy brass that's once fired, USGI surplus, at 60 cents each, or less (see Pat's Reloading - Prices). Only match shooters ever concern themselves with new, match brass offerings. Thankfully, at least the good stuff is available for those who are willing to pay the tab.

4. joe0121

joe0121 Well-Known Member

I loved RWS brass in my winmag. the only way I could ever get it was to buy RWS ammo.

I never looked at buying USCGI .50 brass.

5. Canadian Bushman

Canadian Bushman Well-Known Member

I would weight and volume match surplus cases before i tried the hornady. $5/case seems like it would destroy my wallet in no time.

6. lazylabs

lazylabs Well-Known Member

The unfired win brass is still around $2 a piece, not sure the hornaday would be worth more than twice that.