Hornady ELD-X Official Thread

Entry but no exit

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 70
Here's the picture I took of my cousin his ram and my 6.5 creedmoor dirty Diana in the field. It's a massive ram still up for debate if it's the biggest taken horns wise of the ranch but its officially the heaviest one killed off of it.

VERY NICE! I think what it shows is what many of us suspected. At close range, they may be a little TOO explosive, but the farther out you go, the better they perform. I would rather have it that way than the other way around. Even 72 vs 205 made a difference. I think they will really shine at the longest ranges......Rich

got a nice bull this morning with 162 gr eld in7mm got back a good portion of the bullet i will be posting pics of the damage and the bullet.

Can someone give me feedback on the 162 grain ELD-X 7mm Remington magnum factory ammunition velocity? I am getting fantastic accuracy but velocity seems low. In my 24 inch barrel Savage 111 I am getting an average of 2767 FPS which is over 170 FPS below Hornadys stated velocity.

Can someone give me feedback on the 162 grain ELD-X 7mm Remington magnum factory ammunition velocity? I am getting fantastic accuracy but velocity seems low. In my 24 inch barrel Savage 111 I am getting an average of 2767 FPS which is over 170 FPS below Hornadys stated velocity.

Im experiencing the same thing, great accuracy but seems to run on the slow side.

I have a 21" barrel so that's not helping either.

Eld-x factory ammo was spot on for me. No speed corrections out to 1000 yards. 24 inch barrel.

Actually thinking of slowing down my reloads to help with the closer shots.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.