Hornady 75gr hpbt match bullets on coyotes

I killed 4 coyotes in one day with Hornady superformace match 75HPBT in a 24" AR. 2870 muzzle. They died but it was a slow death. The only one that died on impact was a head on shot at 80 yards directly in the chest where neck meets body. Bang flop. Other three the bullet opened a little bit but just didn't expand enough or transfer enough energy I suppose. They were 100-300 yards broadside. All perfect shoulder /crease hits. They dropped and just laid there flopping around with 1-2" exit holes . I didn't have to track them but I did go pop em in the head with a 22 pistol. Haven't used them again for dogs. 75eldm are a a different story. Bang flop is the usual with those

The hornady 75gr HPBT's are my favorite .223 bullet, hands down, they shoot lights out in my 18" AR. The 73gr ELDM's are also really good but the 75's work so well for me that I haven't given the 73's the time they deserve to really run them through a good load development.

Haven't had the change to put them through a dog yet, but hoping to within the next few weeks!

I have had golfball and larger exits with factory IMI Razorcore 77gr SMK out of an 18" AR. I prefer the 65 SGK as they do less pelt damage. I only go to the heavy bullets when it is really windy as the 50 and 53gr V-Max drop them out to 350 yards out of my AR. I use the 65gr SGK and the 75gr ELDM out of the bolt gun.

The dog pictured took a 65gr SGK at 250 yards that was moving 3200 fps at the muzzle. It was a frontal shot that must have hit bone. I wasn't worried about pelts, it was March and the landowner had lost a new calf
20200301_183715.jpg
20200301_183405.jpg
the night before.

I have had golfball and larger exits with factory IMI Razorcore 77gr SMK out of an 18" AR. I prefer the 65 SGK as they do less pelt damage. I only go to the heavy bullets when it is really windy as the 50 and 53gr V-Max drop them out to 350 yards out of my AR. I use the 65gr SGK and the 75gr ELDM out of the bolt gun.

The dog pictured took a 65gr SGK at 250 yards that was moving 3200 fps at the muzzle. It was a frontal shot that must have hit bone. I wasn't worried about pelts, it was March and the landowner had lost a new calfView attachment 310720View attachment 310721 the night before.
Wow! That is some serious damage! What is your set up? Looks awesome! What have you seen with the 75 Eldms?