Hornady(factory) 168 Match HP for coyotes?

sniperVLS

My Uncle bought quite a bit for himself and his rifle doesn't like them as much as he thought so he gave me the remaining 60 rounds. I hit the 200 yard range yesterday for a quick check to see if their POI was the same or close to the 168 Amax. Cold bore shot hit exactly where the Amax did in the past and after the barrel got dirty and hot, the groups ended up about 1/8" lower but that's good enough for me.

Anyways......

I've got 20 of the 168 HP's left and wondered if anyone has used them on yotes. I am not keeping their fur, I'm exterminating them for a farmer and the land I'm on allows me to setup for shots ranging from 100 - 250 yds. Will they expand a lot or punch thru pretty neatly?

**I've had wipe-out sitting in the barrel overnight and before I finish cleaning, thought I'd pop this up so by the time I'm done fondling, err cleaning, maybe there will be a response or two :)

Last edited:
sierra smk 175 will expand if you hit bone. I've split a fox in half at 100 when he was facing me. Just hit vitals and yu'll be fine

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.