Hornady .338 lapua brass issues?!

I know of 4 other goes that had this issue and after switching to any
other type ammo or brass the issue went away.i will agree that tooling
can and does go bad.if it were me and the issue continued ,,i would send it back to savage and ask for a new rifle..they are great people
and i met all of them while i was at the factory...just as you said i love mine and all my savages.i can tell you that gunwerks was surprised
at how great it shot...tylor ,one of the goes that works for them
took me to the range and he shot the rifle and put 3 shots in almost one hole at 200 yards then killed the 1000 yard target .i have a great
factory rifle.

I'm also getting great accuracy with mine and the 12 ft/r. I'm impressed every time I bring them to the range. I am in no way trying to bash savage. I'm just saying that I have never heard of any other guns with this problem so it has to be something in there process. I like the theory about the reamer being stopped in the chamber. I've been a machinist for 15 years and I also have had many occasions where a reground reamer was ground with a feature out of tolerance whether it be an angle or a diameter. Its like those **** humans are grinding our reamers too!

I,am not a machinist but anything is possible.i will end by saying to
the goes that are still having trouble ,call savage and send it back
,they will make it right.

i have the savage 110 fcp 338. i tried the hornady brass and had good luck .i used 95gr retumbo powder 250gr scenar 2995 fps.group size of .291.i think the brass is good just dont push it real hard.i showed no pressure .time will tell how long it will last .have lapua brass on the way to compare and see if it is worth the money

When Joyce Hornady started production of the 338 case they had some issues that I presume were resolved. I'm sure they got some negative comments.

I bleieve Joyce Hornady has resolved the structural issues with their cases. This is something that occured a while ago. Having said that, I prefer Lapua cases anyway.

You get what you pay for.....

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.