Hornady 147 ELD-M in 6.5 PRC issues

My 24 shot them at 2940. In my experience I have noticed 50 fps per inch in other calibers. Can't speak specifically for the prc since I only have the one. Reloaders can compensate for having a short barrel to some degree.

For you short barrel guys, don't think that becoming a reloader will make your barrel longer 😁

I have not heard back from Hornady, since I sent them the velocities that I got. I was definitely expecting the round to be slower than advertised due to the 22" barrel but I did not think it would be 150 to 200 FPS, especially since the 143 ELD-X factory ammo was much closer to what was advertised on the box. I am not complaining by the way, it is what it is, I was just wondering if anyone else had ever experienced this with factory ammo.

Has anyone have info on the 147 gr Hornady match ELD's versa the 147 gr BTHP , a friend has his gun sighted in for the BTHP on a lupeol new scope, I'm no fan of those, the ones you just turn to you yardage. He is wanting to use it for hunting, with the 147 HPBT , anyone know if the new ELD Match will perform like the BTHP . ?

Recent Posts