Hornady 105 BTHP Match reload data

Beelzebub

Do any of you kind souls have any load data for the Hornady .243 Win 105 gr BTHP Match bullet? Would greatly appreciate any data you are willing to share.

thanks in advance,
Beelzebub

I've gone up to 45gr of IMR 7828ssc so far. I have some more rounds loaded up at 45.5gr and 46gr that I plan on testing as soon as hunting season is over. Sorry no velocities , but I do have a chrono now so next time I will have some speeds. I also have some loaded with H1000 but I haven't shot any of those yet. Oh ya, Lapua brass, BR2 primers and the 105 hpbt's were molly coated.

Than for your reply. I have had great, really great success with 105 AMAX and 45.5 grains of IMR 7828. 1/4" is not a shock any more! ;-) This load is chrono'd at 3080 average for a 5 shot string.

I've loaded 107 SMKs with IMR 4350 to what books say is MAX load and can only get an average of 2860 with this load. At 100yds they also make one small ragged hole. Just a bit tighter (.197 is best) than the AMAX. I don't want to pull 600 SMK bullets to load them hotter, so I'm going to try the 105 BTHP Match bullets.

Will let you know how things work out.

tks again,
B

IMR 4350 (And H4350 as well) is too fast for the 105's in the .243 IMO. Sure it works, but they won't make top velocities. I like 4350 for the lighter bullets(80gr-95gr). With the 105's, I've read about good things with Retumbo, H1000 and 7828. I have no Retumbo and it's always in short supply it seems. Other powders I've considered trying are Magpro and IMR 7977.

I was scanning through my Hornady book last night and discovered that WIN WMR powder seemed to be highest velocity for the 95/100 and 105's in their book. It showed the max load for the 105 running out at 3000fps. Pretty sure I can better that without any complications.

While it's pouring rain here and I'm stuck inside I think I'll load about 10 rounds and see how they groups at 100, Will let you now speed and group size in a couple of days I hope.

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.