Holland recoil lug?

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Ankeny, May 22, 2007.

1. Ankeny

Ankeny Well-Known Member

I am having Pac-Nor rebarrel a 700 Remington action and I intend to drop it into an HS precision stock. The work order includes a Holland recoil lug. Do any of you know for sure if a Holland recoil lug will fit into the HS Precision bedding block? I have asked Pac-Nor, HS, etc. and all I get is, "I don't know." If not, do any of you know the dimensions of a Holland 700 recoil lug? As long as I am on a roll, is there really any advantage to replacing the factory recoil lug in the first place? Thanks in advance.

2. lazylabs

lazylabs Well-Known Member

Replacing the lug is probably not necessary but for me the $20 is worth the piece of mind to know you have a sturdy surface ground piece. The holland lugs are .250 thick and the HS stock I have has a .285 cut so it should fit. I don't know about the depth of the lug but a dremel should make quick work of the stock if it's not deep enough. Will the stock be bedded? Have a good one!

3. 308 nate

308 nate Well-Known Member

the H.S stock will need to be slightly inlettted for the Holland recoil lug.

If you are having the reciever blueprinted, it would be foolish to not install a surface ground recoil lug.
    I also have a few factory recoil lugs here that are bent from heavy recoil and bad fit in the stock.

FWIW,
    308Nate

4. Ankeny

Ankeny Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. A Holland lug it will be.

5. Nomosendero

Nomosendero Well-Known Member

I know that Kirby installed one on my Sendero with the HS stock. I never asked what was involved.

6. Fiftydriver

Fiftydriver <strong>Official LRH Sponsor</strong>

The Sendero stocks and HS stocks need to be deepened for the Holland lug.

I would agree fully with the comments that it would be foolish not to use a precision ground heat treated lug if you are bothering accurizing and rebarreling a receiver.

Kirby Allen(50)