Hogue Stock?

bowhunthard88

I'm looking at an aftermarket stock with a full-length aluminum bedding-block for my Rem 700 varmint.

What do you think of the Hogue stocks? Are they comparable to H-S or Bell & Carlson?

Thanks.

I'm looking at an aftermarket stock with a full-length aluminum bedding-block for my Rem 700 varmint.

What do you think of the Hogue stocks? Are they comparable to H-S or Bell & Carlson?

Thanks.
You would be better served with a Bell and Carlson stock. While the Bell and Carlson might cost a bit more, You will have a much better stock that is stiffer and stronger than a Hogue. I know this because I have a hogue on my rifle now. I am saving the cash to put a Bell and Carlson MK II medalist on it.

There are two places you should never skimp with a gun. These are the stock and the optics. When it comes to the quality of an aftermarket stock, Bell and Carlson is the minimum standard. This isn't saying that Bell and Carlson is a minimum quality stock ( they are the best you can get for the money).

Dump the Hogue, get a B&C

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.