Hodgdon is getting on my last nerve

With the shortage, trying StaBall as a fill-in replacement for 4350 and RL22 in place of H1000. Not sure how that will work but have to do something.

I've been trying Staball in my 6.5 cm and my Sons 270, incredible groups, and super low SD's in both. Both shoot under 1/2" with multiple charges, and never a group over 1". SD in the 6.5 is 2.8! not crazy fast like 16 or 26, but very consistent in my guns. Need to call and see if they have any 338 WM data for it.

Great news! Was at the LGS today and grabbed the remaining 4 lbs of it. Was going to see which, between StaBall and IMR 4451 would test better but, alas, 4451 is nowhere to be found either.

I'm going to vent. I'm probably gonna get kicked off the forum, but I think I'm speaking for most of us when I ask if the people running Hodgdon have their heads up their --- or something. Retumbo, H4350, H1000, Varget, are all STAPLES of the Hodgdon brand, and it's like trying to find pixie dust. Do they want to lose customers? Why is it that a company who makes gunpowder, and has been doing so forever, can't keep up with demand? Are they not investing enough of their profits into the company and their equipment? You would think that the demand for their products would be incentive for them to make more of it.
Am I missing something here? For all of the powder companies out there, now is a great time for them to get their engineers and marketing teams in order and produce powders that are temp stable with comparable burn rates. When I find something that will replace my Hodgdon powders, I'm jumping ship. Their management appears to be about as in touch with their customers as Remington's marketing.
Harz yur' problem! Ya see wan ya keeps tryan ta find it an erwar ya go tis ottah da stuff an ya gits so pist ya jest tis basides yurself sozz whan ya finesily find sum ya buys alls ya can efford! Than tha nesk durn fool tryan ta find sumtha stuff aftars ya duz tha same durn thang. Thar ya havvit! Jus likes tham durn people buyin buying toelatt papers ar doin nowsdays!
Get-r-Done!

Powder Valley went through over 440 - 8 pound tubs of Varget -Yesterday Afternoon.... Demand is unprecedented....
Wow, Powdervalley might be the "gem" stock to buy if public. That being said, I'm guessing with the shortage of Varget that has been in place for some time, even without the Covid, the stuff would have flown off the shelf.

Good find on the 7977, interested to try that since H1000 is no where to be found. RL 22 is my backup but always nice to have another option.
Going to try the IMR 7977 in 270 win., 270 wsm, and 300 win. mag.
Harz yur' problem! Ya see wan ya keeps tryan ta find it an erwar ya go tis ottah da stuff an ya gits so pist ya jest tis basides yurself sozz whan ya finesily find sum ya buys alls ya can efford! Than tha nesk durn fool tryan ta find sumtha stuff aftars ya duz tha same durn thang. Thar ya havvit! Jus likes tham durn people buyin buying toelatt papers ar doin nowsdays!
Get-r-Done!
Their doing it with every thing in sight, TP, food, guns, ammo, people are going crazy, proof that there are a lot of scared rabbits in the world.
We should be prepared but that don't mean we need to be stupid and greedy.
I like the way you typed your post. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.