High mountain muley

sp6x6

My son was around this fall after a trip to the Ukraine for a show of force with the Marines.It was opening day and we took off real early.I hadnt been that route in a couple years and being dark I missed the way I like to get elevation.Was worried about not being high on mountain at sunrise,but we made it.My son is super fit being young and his mountain climbing lifestyle,when we got to saddle and where looking at basin,he cut around face slightly and I saw a buck leave at around 600 yrds,didnt get to really check him out.We where also elk hunting.We pushed further up and I was glassing from small finger and saw a nice buck stand up in small clump of timber.Could tell he was nice threw my els so I flopped out to check him out threw my rifle scope. I was liking what I saw when my son says ''Dad not that big for you,youve got bigger.Think hes about 165" Im like hmmm...I had the 338 NM on him at 502 yrds,said the terrapin.Well I said"you better get in my rifle"since I spend more time with mine and it was already dialed.So he twisted my arm and took his first big mountain buck,what a great day.

Attachments

• IMG_1247.JPG
    IMG_1247.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1239.jpg
    IMG_1239.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 88
Yes they grow up fast,this rifle signed by Seal team six,were friends with the guy that got it signed our boys grew up together

Attachments

• IMG_0567.JPG
    IMG_0567.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 73
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.