High energy / Light magmum

Has any one tried it in 308?
I wouldn't shoot superformance powder in a 308, but their H.E. ammo might be worth a whirl. Different powder blend on each caliber is what they say. I wish they were selling a faster superformance for the lower constriction rounds so people would stop trying to use superformance in the wrong application and having it puke. If there isn't data for this one in your round(or similar round), it probably won't work that well.

The Superformance is a little too slow for the .308. They have specific calibers the Superformance powder was designed for. For .308 and velocity, you might want to try RL17 with anything over 190 bullet. For under 185 I would suggest CFE223 or Alliant Power Pro 2000MR. I'm getting 168 Hybrids flying at 2571fps out of an 18" barrel. I have gotten over 2600fps, but accuracy wasn't there and velocities were all over the place. My current load has an ES of 12 and SD of 4. My accuracy is around .75MOA, but have shot tighter groups. I attribute this to the stock on a front benchrest. Off a bi-pod when I can preload the bi-pod it pulls the forearm off the barrel and the groups shrink.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.