Federal High Energy

I've used the Fed. High Energy 300 win mag ammo and it shot quite well. I can't tell you about the 308 stuff. i was waiting to see if anyone else responded & they didn't so I thought I'd just tell you what I could. Good luck!

From an accuracy standpoint you will not likely find any .308 HUNTING ammo that will compare with Gold Medal match. I have only chronographed Federal High Energy in .300 and .338 so cannot give any input on the .308, other than I am confident that it will not group like Gold Medal.

High Energy ammo does have higher velocities just like they claim, but I have not found it to be super-accurate in the magnums - usually about 1 - 1.5 moa in my sporter weight rifles.

Partitions are reliable hunting bullets, usually retain about 65% of initial weight. Not sure how they would act in a .308 at long range.

Longest shot that I have made so far with 175 gr. Gold Medal was 322 on a feeding doe - did a perfect job. It is significantly flatter out at 800 - 1000 yards than 168 in my rifles.

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.