Hi there from New Zealand

Sandy Johnston

I just signed up and thought best to introduce myself.

I am a late starter in the firearms world, getting my first rifle and licence a couple of years ago at the tender age of 57. I started with a Norinco 22 JW15 and got quite good at getting the pests on the farm down to almost nill.
I spent a lot of ammo getting tight under-2 inch shots at 50m and have some fun with a 10/22. I shot my first feral hog (sucker) with the 22 bolt and the wifie recons I needed a bigger gun for the mother pig. Thats all I needed to here so got a vanguard 7mm RM and have been having some fun with that.

It has a muzzle break and as both my .22s are silenced I went looking for ideas for the vanguard and found this site, I will peruse the information and hopefully glean the knowledge I need to procure same here in NZ.

The pests I shoot are mainly brush-tailed possums. I collect the fur and at $110 per kg (25-30 gets me a kg) it pays for the sport. The 6 dogs and many cats we have get a good supplement to their diet when I go out. I have a cat that follows me out and sits meowing under the tree with the possums' smell about. He gets first liver. haha.

I am looking forward to a great read of the many entries in the forum.

Regards
Sandy J

North Auckland
New Zealand

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.