Hi from Georgia

New guy here. Hunt deer and hogs in Georgia, but really wanting to hunt some black bear! If anyone down here has some tips on places to hunt black bear in north Georgia, let me know.
Dawson Forest. They take quite a few Black Bears out of the Nothern Part of the Forest. I used to hunt there years ago and seen a few nice ones (we not in season at the time). It's about 26,000 acres. Lot's of area, but hard to get to some areas. I took quite a few Bucks there and then quit hunting there. Too many idiots from Atlanta coming to hunt that area and they have no respect or hunting values. That was 15 years ago so I imagine that it is even worse now. Hunting areas are getting scarce and more people hunting.
Anywhere in that northern part of GA has a good population of bear. Would be good if you can get some private land.
Where do you live in GA?

Thanks
Len & Jill

Dawson Forest. They take quite a few Black Bears out of the Nothern Part of the Forest. I used to hunt there years ago and seen a few nice ones (we not in season at the time). It's about 26,000 acres. Lot's of area, but hard to get to some areas. I took quite a few Bucks there and then quit hunting there. Too many idiots from Atlanta coming to hunt that area and they have no respect or hunting values. That was 15 years ago so I imagine that it is even worse now. Hunting areas are getting scarce and more people hunting.
Anywhere in that northern part of GA has a good population of bear. Would be good if you can get some private land.
Where do you live in GA?

Thanks
Len & Jill
I'm in Dallas, GA. I lease some property in Floyd, got plenty of deer down here. We trout fish up around Cooper Creek and Rock Creek every spring, I figured there's probably bear around there but I don't personally know anyone with any bear hunting experience. Makes it harder to learn the ropes!

Welcome and lots of great info. On here just be willing to try what works for you.

I don't know Georgia black bear regs. Calling them with a predator call is very effective. Rabbits fawn distress, cow elk calls, k9 distress, even wood pecker work great for us. Spot and stalk is good also just we have big country so we can glass lots of land. Farm land especially corn fields are the most productive after the ears are more than half grown. If you can get permission when they harvest to sit on a perimeter stand. We have one rancher who has so many issues his fields he cuts to the center then to the outside. Its not hunting it's just killing and butchering and they need the killing.

Welcome to the LRH.
I lived near Savannah Georgia for a few years, swam in the Canoochee more than once. I might be from Ohio but I feel like I'm home again when I visit down that way.
I harvested a nice alligator on the Ogeechee not that far from Savannah!

Attachments

• IMG_2039~2.jpg
    IMG_2039~2.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 51