Hi Everyone - here is my issue

rwright6565

2 years ago a purchased the Huskemaw Blue Diamond 5-20-50 rifle scope from Best of the West. I sent them my Winchester 300 Win Mag BOSS to put it on and sign it in for me.
There sighted it in at 200 yards and stated I should be good out to 900 to 1000. They gave me 2 different turents for different altitudes. in 2013 my wife shot an Antelope at 200 yards with no problems. We didn't get to Elk and Deer Hunt that year due to my MS issues. This years we missed an Antelope at 450 and 625. While Elk hunting we missed a nice cow broad sided at 830.
I have no ideal what then issue is. After the first Antelope miss I called them and they said we set zero. I did what they said and I had no better luck.
I have MS and can't close the distance on foot to get a closer shot. I need to be able to take a shot out to at least 1200 yards.
I Need help can I do it with the current gun and scope I have or do I need to change. I figure I have maybe 5 to 10 years left of hunting.
Suggestings please..........................

Ricky Wright

Has there been a change in ammo? How are you determining inputs altitude, etc.? Are you confident with your ranging equipment, and technique?

I would suggest that you go to a long range shooting school somewhere. They can teach you how to use your rifle and equipment that it takes to shoot long distances.

How is the rifle shooting on a range? There are many factors in the field that we may fail to account for. I would validate the rifle at a known distance range and go from there.

I have attended two different schools one from McMillan in Phoenix you have to buy one of their guns to attend was very educational and taught mostly by ex snipers. The other school I attended was put on by Extreme Outer Limits in Oregon. You csn use one of his MOA rifles you bought or one of his MOA loaners he furnishes or one of your personal guns

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.