Her first buck

Jimm

DSC01039.jpg
Well it wasn't far at all , but she is so excited about her first buck that I posted this for her encouragement . My oldest son , Jeremiah ( no , I'm not making that up Ric Mulhern /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ) Has launched his wife on a new career/passion ? He says that he's pretty sure she's hooked as he has caught her watching deer hunting shows on tv when he comes home from work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Anyway , heres to Stephanie, three cheers , Jim

Congrats on the deer. It always cheers me up to see happy folks, than those doing what they enjoy.

Congrats.

What, did she shoot it in the yard? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

She looks as happy as my wife was when she got her first deer (also a first buck). Congratulations to her on a successful hunt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jim...and Stephanie:

Congratulations on your first deer and I hope it's just the beginning of a long and enjoyable hunting experience. Sounds like you guys have a family thing going and it doesn't get any better than that.

Jim, it sounds like maybe in addition to that gun you were talking about for your sons that you and Jeremiah may be building a dedicated gun for Stephanie in the near future also. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Keep us posted.

Way to go! By the way, that's a nice looking deer hauler off to her right. I need to get me one of those babies!
That is a nice sized buck for a person's first one. Hope there are more to follow!

Looks like the beginnings of a fine big game hunting career.

We need details though, what did she use to take her first buck??!!

Congrats again!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Jimm,
That's great. Always love it to see the ladies getting involved. Pass on our congratulations to her and your son.

Kirby ,

Plain jane remington 700 .243, synthetic stock . She did have some of my favorite 243 loads for a rifle that has not had a load worked up for it , 42 grs. H4350 under a 85 gr. Sierra hpbt. Shoots so good in so many rigs there ought to be a patent on it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

She is just getting started but already is talking the " custom " talk.

Jim

Jeremiah, Jared and Jesse /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
And not necessarily in that order , but hey , she just had her nails done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Oh yeah , we didn't gut it cause we were hanging it as fast as it died and I really didn't want any of the entrails /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

jim

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.