help with NF

Batchelor

You guys thoughts, I have a 8x32x56 NF with the NP-1 reticle and your thought on using the scope for deer hunting I live in Arkansas My range where I hunt is 0-800 yards, my choices of guns that I have is a custom 300, 7mmstw,7mm sendro,and a 7mmshort mag on a Winchester coyote, and also maybe what gun you would stick the nightforce on. all these guns shoot very well if that helps. thank you for any help that you could give me. I've had this scope on the forum to trade for a rifle but not seeing nothing I really like Since deer season is right around the corner looks like I maybe using it this year.

Eventhough the NP-1 reticle is touted as a "big game" reticle, IMO, the NP-1 reticle in the NF is too limited to use for hunting. You could figure out what the MOA factor is between the center of the cross hair and the end of the thinnest lines and use that information to WAG in some factor for ranging but that's more work than I'd want to do.
NF will change out the reticle, for a price, and something like the NP-R1 or MOAR would be my preference.

I have been happy with the NSX 8-32 on a 300 Win. 8 power seems to be a little much for Arkansas hunting as I recently noticed on a pig shoot near Magnolia.

Not that it couldn't be used. It would work, don't get me wrong.
But 8x is not preferred for being the lowest you could go. I like to look around with 3 or 4 power at most, then zoom in after I've located an animal.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.