Help With Ring Height: NF 5.5x22x56mm

Nitroman

I have a NF 5.5x22x56mm on a m700 LA with a 1.250" barrel cylindrical for about 5".
NF shows measurements from what looks like the center of the cross-screw to the center of the ring.
Anyone running a 56mm bell on a m700 using Picatinny base can tell me what size NF rings work?

Thanks!

With a Nightforce 0 or 20 moa rail 1.00's If you have a different rail that is higher than a NF you could get by with the .885's

Jeff

They were not high enough. With the flip lens covers they need just a hair more. The 1.125" will work.

Now...the scope is large when sitting on the base, and I have seen on the Allen Mag website four rings holding the scope. Should I go with Badger Ordnance six-screw bases or get another set and use four four-screw rings?

Any advice is appreciated.

They were not high enough. With the flip lens covers they need just a hair more. The 1.125" will work.

Now...the scope is large when sitting on the base, and I have seen on the Allen Mag website four rings holding the scope. Should I go with Badger Ordnance six-screw bases or get another set and use four four-screw rings?

Any advice is appreciated.

Oops. sorry, I use the factory bikini covers and thin down the bottom is needed with a little trimming. I should have asked about flip up covers. I mount them as close as possible for easier cheek weld.

Keep in mind if the 100's have some clearance and you go to 125's you are going to be over .250" off the barrel. Could you grind or polish down the flip up a little to get it on? All you need is some clearance so it does not touch.

I would not have any issues trusting one set of NF rings. I have never had a set slip. But if you were mounting up on top a big Allen Mag. Then I am sure Kirby does it for a reason.

Jeff

I don't mean to hijack, but I'm looking at buying a 56 obj nightforce, and wondering how high they sit off stock for cheek weld purposes. You guys wouldn't happen to have picture of your setups would you. I'm building a coyote rifle and the 3x15x56 are cheaper now and figured that would make a great scope or maybe its overkill.
Thanks guys.

I'm looking at buying a 56 obj nightforce, and wondering how high they sit off stock for cheek weld purposes. You guys wouldn't happen to have picture of your setups would you.

DSC02228Large.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.