help with deciding on 700 mag action build

cowboy717

A while back I picked up a couple of rem 700s in 7 mag. The price was too good to pass up. One is set aside for an Edge build and I'm wanting to build a lighter weight rifle on the other. I already have a 300 rum and have other 7 mags so I'm wondering what would make an enjoyable caliber to shoot in the lighter gun. I have never reloaded for weatherby calibers but the 257 wby mag has gotten my attention. What other calibers would you guys suggest?
Thanks!

A while back I picked up a couple of rem 700s in 7 mag. The price was too good to pass up. One is set aside for an Edge build and I'm wanting to build a lighter weight rifle on the other. I already have a 300 rum and have other 7 mags so I'm wondering what would make an enjoyable caliber to shoot in the lighter gun. I have never reloaded for weatherby calibers but the 257 wby mag has gotten my attention. What other calibers would you guys suggest?
Thanks!

I love my 6-06. 95gr VLD's @ 3450 and 70gr nosler's @ 3800+ easy to reload for and the AI version works great for the 105's and bigger.
The 25's are nice just not the BC or the bullet choice's that the 6mm offers. It really depends on what GR of bullet you want to push.

Jon

6.5 rem mag makes a nice light gun ballistically similar to 270 win but with a .532" case head. Even though a short action cartridge it works well in a long action on the 2 that I have done. 130 gr bullet at 3100 fps easy.

Or for a heavy then 375 Ruger

264 Win mag would be my choice. Treat it right and it will last you as long as any 7mm mag.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.