help! pick cartridge for new rifle...

I would not rebarrel or work on any Browning rifles when I had my shop. Very cheap metal that was prone to cracking in a vise and very poor quality. I would not own one knowing what I do about them. There are much better choices out there.

BamaDawg from Florida, Now that is a combo I want to know more about. Sounds like an Alabama native that is a Georgia Dawg fan now living in Gator country. Now that is a mix for sure. I know how competitive the SEC religion is down there in sports so that just intrigued me.

I grew up in Georgia and have been a Dawg fan for 50 years. Went to grad school at Alabama and have been a roll tide fan for 35 years. So basically I hate anything with orange in it. When they play each other it's like being forced to choose between the pick of the SI swimsuit issue or the playmate of the month, tough choice. My wife is a fanatic Roll Tide fan who is one of a few who can claim Paul Bear Bryant as a former baby sitter. He watched after her at times in his office and would take her to the local soda shop.

NOPE Im a die hard BAMA fan, but if I had to pick a second team it would be the GEORGIA BULLDOGS so thats where the user name comes from and 2009 when they won first BCS with Saban. I live around Tallahassee so everything around here is garnet and gold or orange and blue, I HATE THOSE COLORS. I guess being in Wyoming you dont get to watch many Alabama games on TV, that would kill me I take off every Saturday during Football season Bama is on tv to watch.
Ive always said if I had to leave the South I would move to Wyoming I heard somewhere its the least populated state in the Union with like 8 people per sq mile thats my kinda livin. Hows the weather up there most of the year?

Good luck with your choice. Again I like the 300 wsm because of more versatility with good bullet choices for any size game. If you can get a good deal on the Browning and never plan on rebarreling then I am sure it will serve you well. I think there are better deals with other manufacturers after working on guns for so long.

Thanks for the explanation. We get all the sec games on cbs and espn. My wife orders the bama games she can't get. Good chance Georgia and Alabama will be in the championship game this year so I am happy either way. LSU has the old Georgia QB that Coach Richt kicked off the team for his arrests and the kid is awesome and could tumble Bama but I think Bama has their number. All LSU needed was a QB and now they have one. The weather is fantastic year round here and one of the reasons we moved here along with no traffic. Today there was a little traffic with three cars at the same time at the only redlight in town. We live in a big town that is the county seat and has a population of about 2900. When we drive two hours over to see our son at college sometimes we pass another vehicle every few miles and sometimes we don't. Definitely see way more deer and antelope than cars on the trip.

Did I mention I hate Florida weather and traffic its been in the upper 80s and 90s since the last part of February around here. As for traffic 3 cars at a traffic light? only at 3am on a tuesday morning. Wyoming is sounding better and better when I retire from the S.O.

SA 035202277 .325 WSM 23" 42 3/4" 13 5/8" 11/16" 1/2" 6 lbs. 8 oz. $1,159.99 - This XBolt is a great Browning. .325 is a great caliber for most any of North America's critters. Keep your Vortex and your powder dry.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.