Help on deciding which zeiss scope.

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by baydog7, Oct 8, 2012.

1. baydog7

baydog7 Member

I am trying to decide which Zeiss scope I need, Conquest vs. Victory? I have a couple of 4x14x50 conquest and have had no problems out of them. I'm wanting to step up a notch and go with the 6.5x20x50 conquest or the 6x24x56 victory. I will be shooting out to 1,000 yards and using it for a hunting scope also. The scope will also have the #43 ret. I am wondering if the price difference is worth the victory. Any input would be appreciated.

2. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

I went with the Conquest line because of cost. If $$ were no object at all...Id probably have bought even higher up the food chain!.....:)....but all of mine ( 2 of the 6.5x20) and a single 4x 14 do me super fine. Ive got a hankering to get another to replace a Redfield that I havent liked since I installed it!!!

3. marinetowgunner

marinetowgunner Well-Known Member

The conquest is not the victory. Much more internal adjustment, better glass, and better eyebox. I've used both and there is a noticeable difference in the optical quality of the two. There are deals out there to be had on the Victory. Just call around. Start with these guys: SportOptics

Zeiss is running their promotion currently with Kenton Industries. You can get an indexed turret for the load you choose to use for free.

4. mackgee

mackgee Well-Known Member

This is comparing apples to oranges, the Victory line-up is a much better scope in all areas. As stated you get better glass, more adjustment, and a more stoudt scope. There are quite a few of the Victory's out there that are demo models sitting around that you can save quite a few bucks on if you look too. I love all of my victory scopes.

Mac

5. baydog7

baydog7 Member

I appreciate the input from everyone. I am suppose to have my victory here Monday. Does anyone use it for a 1,000 yard or farther? I'm pushing a 250gr around 3,000 fps. I hope it will be a good combination. I feel like a little kid at Christmas waiting for it.

Thanks,