Help me with a Borescope

TwoMore

Ok I am getting ready to invest in a borescope and would like to know which model guys are using.
Thanks in advance, Tim.

Lyman BoreCam.
Good enough for noncommercial use by the avid gun owner. $175 instead of $800 - $950 for the Hawkeye.

Can one get photo's using the Lyman?
Yes. Easy to do. I haven't done that yet. But.. if you want to show the bore condition to someone else, it's straightforward to take a photo. All you do is push a button and a picture is captured to the SD card. The the SD card can be inserted into a card reader and USB plugged into the PC, and the digital picture could be printed. Similar to any digital picture.

I suppose that's why Lyman called it BoreCam rather than Bore Scope. It's designed to take pictures.

If you have access to YouTube, Lyman has a couple short videos demonstrating use of their BoreCam. And then others that have purchased the BoreCam that have also posted some of their home made videos on YouTube.

Last edited:
I think I will give it a try. thanx ! I think i will put the rest of my money up for a rainy day and try the lyman

Yes. Mine does, to my satisfaction. Not an electron microscope mind you. But good enough.

FYI, my twin brother took these pictures of the bore of his 45-70 Trapdoor using one of those $15 LED 5.5mm endoscopes that are sold on the likes of eBay and Amazon. They come with a 5' or longer cable that plugs into the USB port of your computer or laptop. There is a CD included with it, that you need to load, to allow for video or screen capture.

The focal length is a good inch or so and if placed any closer, the image is distorted. For best use, a white cloth cleaning patch or tuft of cotton ball is put down into the bore, which works well to allow the adjustable lights on the endoscope to brighten the image for best viewing.

I thought it was pretty cool! So I went out and bought one and mine included a right-angle mirror attachment that actually works!

file.php

file.php

file.php

If you look on Amazon you can get them around $20 that come with angled end kits. Mine can hookup to my phone or computer and take pic or video.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.