Help me pick a pistol…….again!

If I were a 1911 fan I'd get the RIA ultra hs hc for sure. I really like my pc w/Timney. Very nice trigger!
If you get a 1911, I would get a 6". More velocity, sight radius, and just run better with the lower slide velocity. I still would shoot a .41 or .44 mag revolver if hunting deer as a primary weapon and not a backup.

I got to shoot the Sig XTen last week and loved it. The trigger is fantastic and it was very easy to get back on target quickly all the way through to the end of the mag. It is boxy and bulky and hideous, nearly as ugly as the Glock, but it is much more comfortable to shoot than a 1911 with a notably better trigger than the Glock 40.

My local Gun Shop has a Ruger Super RedHawk in 10mm. Get a set of 30mm Ruger Rings and install a 30mm Tube MatchDot, and you are in business. It would be pretty hard to hurt also. Another option would be to have it chambered deeper for 10mm Magnum if you reload. Keep the 1" Factory Rings incase you want to go with a scope at some point.
I have a 9.5" 480 Ruger SRH I have hunted with quite a bit. The Super RedHawk is a solid hunting package.

Bob R

I'd like to say I'm still in control and not getting addicted to pistol hunting…….

With that being said, help me pick a 10mm pistol with the intention of deer hunting 50-60 yards max. Will be using one of the micro reflex sights

Thanks
Mike
I have the one you need, and I am just up the street, S&W 629-1, 8 3/8" barrel, .ff Mag. DA/SA! Enouhg said;) It is a revolver though... 🤣

Last edited: