Help me decide

whitetail.
was thinking of a Swarovski, S&B, Kahles.
Maybe even the new Leupold VX7

Anyone of those would be nice scopesyou want turrets are not? If so then the S&B is quite awsome..... in a 3X12 or 4X16..... The VX-7 I am told has excelent optics......

If you want turrets, I´d go for a SB PMII 4-16 x 42;if you want to go lighter and dont care about parallax correction, a PMII 3-12 x 50 with no parallax.

If no turrets, either a hunting SB or a Swarovsky. In the Swaro, beware of the TDS reticle as it s rather thick and in a FFP scope may not be too useful for long shots on small targets.

I`m a Leupold fan. If it don`t cost more than a Leupold it not good enough for me and if it cost more than a Leupold it over priced. Depending on the range you will be shooting would determan the power you want. For mose hunting rifles a VX 111 3.5 x 10 or a VX 11 3 x 9 are ideal. I have them form 2X to 36X fixed and for 2.5 x 8 to 6.5 x 25 vair. Their all great.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.