Help me decide!

huntfish7mm

Need help deciding. Vx6HD in 4-24x52, Mark 5 in either 3.6-18 or 5-25, or nightforce nx8 2.5-20?? They all seem like great choices but I want to hear your thoughts. Will be a long range hunting rifle in 28 nosler and shoot to 1000yds on occasion. I prefer more magnification but is the mark five in 5-25x56 too large and be too high to get a good cheek weld with McMillan game warden stock? Let me know you're thoughts! I can't decide if I want FFP or second. FFP sounds awesome for being table to use the reticle to hold for wind on long shots. Idk I'm new to all this and need some insight

The MK5 and nx8 are in a class entirely above the vx6hd when it comes to tracking and durability.
I have two mk5's and it's what I'd recommend, the 3.6-18 is pretty much the perfect lighter/ compact LR hunting scope in my opinion.
The 5-25 mk5 Is a little brighter, has a bigger eye box, and slightly more clarity than the 3.6-18.
If target shooting is the priority than I'd go with the 5-25.
Cheek weld is not a problem, especially with a slip on pad.

The MK5 and nx8 are in a class entirely above the vx6hd when it comes to tracking and durability.
I have two mk5's and it's what I'd recommend, the 3.6-18 is pretty much the perfect lighter/ compact LR hunting scope in my opinion.
The 5-25 mk5 Is a little brighter, has a bigger eye box, and slightly more clarity than the 3.6-18.
If target shooting is the priority than I'd go with the 5-25.
Cheek weld is not a problem, especially with a slip on pad.
It'll be 95% hunting at distances to about 800 and then maybe occasionally sending a few rounds past that just for fun but not much

Need help deciding. Vx6HD in 4-24x52, Mark 5 in either 3.6-18 or 5-25, or nightforce nx8 2.5-20?? They all seem like great choices but I want to hear your thoughts. Will be a long range hunting rifle in 28 nosler and shoot to 1000yds on occasion. I prefer more magnification but is the mark five in 5-25x56 too large and be too high to get a good cheek weld with McMillan game warden stock? Let me know you're thoughts! I can't decide if I want FFP or second. FFP sounds awesome for being table to use the reticle to hold for wind on long shots. Idk I'm new to all this and need some insight
NF!

15x-20x is plenty at the top end for a hunting rifle scope. Shot a couple 28 Noslers 2 weeks ago with Swaro X5 3.5-18×50 out to 1558. Plenty of magnification. So don't let less top end of any of those dissuade you from thinking they are not enough magnification.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.