Help me decide between these two scopes

boattailed bandit

Im soon to be in the market for a new scope if I can sell the one I have, im on a budget of 300 or less. I know that's not great but Im trying to finish school and money is tight right now. Ive got it narrowed down between two scopes. The Bushnell Elite 10x40 found here- Bushnell Elite 10x40 MilDot Target Turrets Argon Fixed Power Riflescope FREE S&H ET1040, ET1040-KIT1. Bushnell Rifle Scopes. and the SWFA SS 10x42 found here SWFA SS 10x42 Tactical 30mm Riflescope. SO has anyone had any experience with either of these? I know bushnell scopes and have used them a lot, but have heard nothing but great things about the SWFA. Also, I really like the MRAD reticle and mil adjustments that the SWFA can come in for the same price as the MOA version but have a question, can I use the MRAD reticle to range my target just like a Mil-Dot reticle? If they are moth mil values then it should be the same principle using the formula Target ht in yards X 1000/ target ht in mils?

I would say the SS wins hands down. I own five of them, 4 of the 10x and one 16x. You can now get a zero stop for them for $20.00. You can use the mil quad reticle to range with.

I use both of those scopes and the SWFA is my favorite, but you will not be disappointed with the Bush. They both are very rugged, dependable, and very repeatable clicks. Both are clear glass. The bush clicks are very silent, mushy feeling almost, but I guess that's because it's tactical. It's always dead on. SWFA has very positive, audible clicks and I like the parallax adjustment. I love the MIL reticle of SWFA with the diamonds. The line thickness of it is just right. Best reticle on the market in my opinion.

Thanks for the input guys, I was already leaning toward the SWFA and I really like the MRAD/MIL set up they offer. Posts like this just help me pull the trigger so to speak on new things. gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.