help* coyote loads for 6.5x284

btLRH

I just got a new Savage LRH 111-6.5x284. Right now ive been hunting coyotes and wont be hunting deer for a while. So far i've killed two with the new rifle. (Im shooting Berger VLD 140 gr) The exit hole on the first coyote was around 2 inches. The exit hole on the second coyote was HUGE...around 7 inches. I'd like to get some money for these dogs but dont want to spend alot of time sewing them up.

-I was curious as to see if anyone else has come up with a load for coyotes and what the effect on the fur is. Help appreciated!

Years ago, I got a deal on some berdan military Full Metal Jacket 6.5x55 ammo in 139gr bullets. At the time I pulled the bullets and reloaded the cases with Nosler Hunting Bullets and a different powder.

Saved the bullets! Ten years later I had my Model 700 Remington 6.5x55 converted to 6.5x284. Out came the FMJ bullets to be used for 'Yotes.........
Maybe you can "google" 6.5 FMJ bullets and come up with a source???? They definetly don't mess up the hides.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.