Help Australia's firearm owners

Aussie_hunter

G'day guys, iv read some bad news in the paper the other day police in Perth are trying to tighten our gun laws up after yet another drive by shooting in our northen suburbs and the only people to really suffer and be effected by this new proposal is the firearm owners not the criminals. So what can we do to stop these ******** proposals from going ahead? We need to start a decent club or a association which has a great spokesman and mature minded members. Any advice from other countries and there gun clubs would be great.K

There's a heap of stuff going on in the background already, and it's being discussed on at least two of the local forums just in case you aren't on them. Shoot me a PM and I'll send you some links.

In the US, we have a lot of "gun bloggers" that post great info. I am not sure how many bloggers are in AU.

In the US, I read the following daily:

Joe Huffman's blog
WarOnGuns.com
SipseyStreetIrregulars
SnowflakesInHell
SaysUncle
ArmsAndTheLaw

and some others.
What about Podcasting? Does anyone in AU have a great podcast? In the US, GunRightsRadio is one source for podcasts. There are others too.

We also communicate with our representatives in Congress. One thing to consider is inviting your politicians out to shoot. You need to phrase it the right way so it is clear it is an invite, not an assassination threat.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.