Help a Navy Vet get a WY area 6 cow elk

midnightmalloy

I am traveling to Laramie, WY for three weeks from Dec. 15-Jan 7th and wanted to try area 6 for a cow elk. After 5 years in the navy hasnt left me much time to do much hunting and all my searching for access for a cow elk is coming up empty. I am looking at area 5 and 6 and cant find any access unless I pay $2k for a guide. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I will pay a fee for access to a ranch or property but I though someone might even want to meet up and go! Let me know if you have any info. On tuesday I am going to call the Laramie game and fish office. Any help would be appreciated.

Thomas, good luck over there and hopefully someone can help you out over in the great state of Wyoming. I assume you'll be using the new rifle??

Randy

Last edited:
Wish I could help you but I dont know those areas. You might look at area 108, there are 422 left over type 7 tags. Its about 100 miles west and has some public areas. The hunting is very dependant on migration.

Wish I could help you but I dont know those areas. You might look at area 108, there are 422 left over type 7 tags. Its about 100 miles west and has some public areas. The hunting is very dependant on migration.

where abouts do you live? i will be in laramie and it might be fun to meet up? Like I said Im not out to shoot a 300" bull, just a cow. My problem is that I dont have enough time to knock on a bunch of doors. Im calling the game office in laramie tomorrow to see what they say. thanks for the insight and I will check it out.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.