Hello from Spain! Questions about a Bergara B-14 HMR 6.5 creedmoor

Hi again guys,

Today I checked my new loads, with very good results.

Powder RS60
Bullet hornady ELD M 147gr
loads 40.2 40.4 40.5 40.6 40. 8 41 grains

With 40.60 and 40.8 I was shooting groups of five shots and I got four times the accuracy of 0.2 MOA. All trials with these loads had the accuracy of 0.2-0.25

Let me continue and thanks a lot for your help and advices

Hey Padmi,
That's great news! So glad to hear the gun and bullets are shooting well for you. Obviously you are doing your part, too! (Nice shooting.) Thanks for coming back to let us know how things were progressing.

Hey Padmi,
That's great news! So glad to hear the gun and bullets are shooting well for you. Obviously you are doing your part, too! (Nice shooting.) Thanks for coming back to let us know how things were progressing.
I will be sharing my experience, thanks a lot for your answer

I will be in US on September

Glad to hear the Bergara is shooting very well. Wonder why you purchased a Bergara?...ha ha

I almost bought one in their Premier line. Was leaning towards Premier because of the Trigger Tech trigger. Three things kept me from buying that gun 1) the extended detachable magazine worried me about shoulder carry 2) rifle chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor and I wanted a 6.5 PRC 3) I found a lightly used custom 6.5 SAUM for a lot less in the LRH classified section.

Will certainly look at a Bergara barrel for my T/C Encore Pro Hunter.

Hi guys. Following your advices and using ELD M 147 grains I am getting 0.2MOA shooting at 100 meters, the picture is in meters not yards:

I am very very happy with my loads. Currently I am using a muzzle break also

Attachments

• 34FF9281-6A52-4C05-99EC-2494C939B61E.jpeg
    34FF9281-6A52-4C05-99EC-2494C939B61E.jpeg
    846.4 KB · Views: 149
What about velocities? Average, SD and ES? Any shots @ longer distances?

I could not check the velocity this time, because I have not a chronograf but next time using the best load I will do that and share here the results.

this time I was checking different loads, using Lapua shells. I shoot at 100 and 300 meters. Not long range this time. Because I want to have a good amunition before shooting longer.

lets see next month!

Hi guys,

My name is Pablo. I'm mechanical engineer in Spain, but to be honest, I love America! I was in your country fourth times, and I might return on September. My dream is to live in your country and work there. I have only one hobby: shooting&fireamrs, and in Spain is very difficult to practice it.

My best friend allays sayes: "about firearms, we have to follow the advice of the Americans... so my friends, here I'm.

Recently I bought a Bergara B14 HMR and 6.5 chambered (twist 1 8¨). (Excuse me if my english is not enought good) and I need a lot of advices, To start I have the following questions. Maybe you can teach me:

1. Which bulleds do you recomend? I think in 140 grains, and about the brand I think Sierra.
2.How much grains of powder per cartrige I will need? Nobody have this rifle here in Spain so to start is very difficult.
3. More advices?

What do you think about the rifle? It will be my first one.

Thanks so much in advance guys, see you on September!

My question to you would be What 6.5 are you shooting? 6.5CM?

Next, are you shooting game animals or just targets?

Next, what bullet brands are available to you in Spain?

My question to you would be What 6.5 are you shooting? 6.5CM?

Next, are you shooting game animals or just targets?

Next, what bullet brands are available to you in Spain?

Yes, 6.5 creedmoor after following the advices that you guys gave me. And very happy with it.

I am shooting targets. We have not prairie dogs here in Spain :p

We have the same bullet brands in Spain that in the US, currently I am using Hornady ELD M 147 grains. But we can purchase different brands here, we only have different powder brands

Yes, 6.5 creedmoor after following the advices that you guys gave me. And very happy with it.

I am shooting targets. We have not prairie dogs here in Spain :p

We have the same bullet brands in Spain that in the US, currently I am using Hornady ELD M 147 grains. But we can purchase different brands here, we only have different powder brands

For targets it doesn't much matter. PIck a high BC bullet and see what your gun likes. I avoid VLD's because they are persnickety as all get out and some guns just won't like them at all. Spend some time in the reloading forum to get some basic load info.

Don't overlook the AMAX or the new A Tip. They just announced that they'll be releasing the new A Tip in 6.5 very soon.

Thanks a lot Wildrose. After several trials, I got the good loads:

41 grains of RS60
Hornady ELD M 147 grains
COAL: 70mm (saami aprox)
Shell: Lapua
Primer: CCI BR4

I am getting 1/4 MOA of accuracy at 100 meters. We shoot in meters here instead yards. It will be the ammo that I use from now on.

But, I have other 50 shells for trials, so now I am going to check the SIERRA Matchking hpbt 140 grains, and after that, the Nossler bullets.

I have one question for you guys. What do you think about the electronic power dispenser. To prepare match ammo, which is the best option?

To purchase an electronic power dispenser, or to purchase a good traditional scale like the RCBS? I am asking because I have the lee scale, and it takes a lot of time to prepare the ammo

thanks a lot for your help

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts